Friday, April 9, 2010

A Lot Has Been Happening!

In tune with my last post, I've been busy! The most exciting thing that has happened lately is the girls' first birthday! I know everyone says this, BUT, it went by so fast! I can't believe it's already been a year. It is incredible to see just how far they've come. They both can walk (well at least take a couple of steps before plowing into the ground), express themselves, chatter, play, and even joke. When the girls were itty bitty, people always used to tell me, unsolicited, of course, that it gets so much better. I brushed them off because I couldn't imagine that it could possibly be any more fun that it already was, but they were right!

I saw a one month old the other day and didn't miss it a bit! Yea, their sweet and cuddly at that age, but I would much rather be pushed away when I try to give hugs because there is nothing better than, fill in the blank: watching them rolling on the floor laughing, feeding themselves, seeing them get so excited they can't contain themselves when, again, fill in the blank: Daddy comes home from work, they discover a squirrel in the tree, they see chickens, ducks, rabbits, the list goes on and on! It is the best!

We celebrated their birthday at our house with friends old and new. It was mostly for Will and me because, let's be honest, they're never going to remember it! But it is important to celebrate these milestones because once we hit them, we can never go back. Soon it will be kindergarten and not too long after that, college. I look forward to watching them grow. If the years to come bring half the joy of the previous year, then I have a lot to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment