Friday, March 28, 2014

Weight Loss Trio


So, I’m trying something new. I’m really hesitant to share this with anyone, let alone EVERYONE, but I’m doing it anyway. My weight is something I’d rather not talk about so here goes nothin’. A few days ago, I started on what we in the essential oils world call the “weight loss trio.” It’s a combination of peppermint, lemon and grapefruit ingested each day. Now before I go any further, I need to SHOUT out that it is NOT safe to ingest all oils and that the oils I’m using are specific to Young Living. Please (really, please) don’t do this with essential oils purchased at your local health food store. Thank you.  I’ve avoided trying this as long as possible because I firmly believe that we should be accepting of our bodies no matter their shape and size. I believe that what your body looks like on the outside in no way changes the value of the person on the inside. That being said, I still want to lose a few pounds.
 

I’m not one to follow the scale too closely, and I take into consideration that I’ve had twins (like two babies in my belly at the same time), I’m type 1 diabetic, I have a ton of scar tissue build up on my stomach because of the amount of insulin injections I’ve taken, etc., etc. I guess the point I’m trying to make here is that I’m not looking to be in next year’s Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition.  I’m looking for my jeans to fit a little bit looser. I’m looking to feel my best both physically and mentally.

I’m not going to bore you too much with the whole “it’s a lifestyle” thing, but know that I do believe this. I know that diets don’t work. I know that in order for any changes to stick around, there HAS to be a shift in the way one lives their life. Just for the record, I exercise and I eat in moderation. I get the recommended servings of fruit and veggies every day and I also indulge in birthday cake. There are two HUGE sheet cakes in my fridge from the girls’ birthday last weekend which is why cake came to mind almost immediately. Anyway, I think that’s all I have to say about that. We all know there has to be a lifestyle change for long-term results with weight loss whether we want to admit it or not.
 

Moving right along. My biggest fear about trying this is that it isn’t going to work. That it won’t do anything and I will be sitting here having shared this with you all and have nothing to show for it. For whatever reason (I’m seriously not sure why as of now) I’m sharing anyway. I’ve watched it work for many so maybe that’s why I’m putting it all out there today. I don’t know.  I’ll keep you all posted on my progress and if anyone would like to join me on this journey, I welcome your company! Let’s get it done!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ann, are you still using young living? Does it work to you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ann, are you still using young living? Does it work to you?

    ReplyDelete