Thursday, March 13, 2014

Here's the Truth (with Pictures to Prove it)!

I just got off the phone with my dear friend who is losing her mind.  Not because she is mentally unstable, quite the opposite really, her head is screwed on tightly to those shoulders. But because she has three kids, works (a lot) and is battling with the fact that in order to keep all the balls from dropping, somthing's gotta give. I so get this, I am right there with ya!

So, here's the truth: SOMETHING DOES HAVE TO GIVE. And for me, in this moment, that something is my house. It is trashed, you guys. Like morning after a rager, trashed. But instead of beer bottles and solo cups, it's littered with toys, dishes and dirty clothes. For whatever reason, I'm feeling especially strong today and not worrying about what "they" might think. Who are "they" anyway? So, without further ado, the proof:


That's my kitchen. Yup.


Those, there, dirty dishes...and LOTS of them.


Oh, yeah, that's my living room. Kinda regretting my pillow obsession right about now, as pillows in my house seem to prefer the floor to the couch.

 
Now that is my suitcase. Still nicely PACKED from our trip to Mexico. We've been back for five days.

 
And, finally, the piece de resistance: the girls' room. No explanation necessary.
 
 
I'm not doing this to air my "dirty laundry" so to speak, but rather to shatter the impression that all things must be perfect. Balls drop. Today, I'm embracing the drop and in so doing, hopefully, some of you moms out there can do the same. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment