Monday, February 8, 2010

In Summary

I was working as a very unsuccessful realtor when I got married in June of 2008. It was always a dream of mine to be in real estate, but I had not yet realized that sales isn’t exactly my cup of tea. I now know that there is more to being a good sales person than having an outgoing personality…who knew??? Eight months and only one sale (the purchase of my own home, of course) into my dream career, my interest in real estate faded and my desire to have a baby was quickly taking its place! So my husband and I started trying. It didn’t take long, in fact, I was pregnant the next month. Little did we know I was carrying not one, but TWO, babies!

My due date was May 14, 2009 and I was now on the pregnancy roller coaster. Man, I wish I could have gotten off! I hated being pregnant! I was sick, tired, everything hurt and under the most stress of my life. Long story short, my husband’s niece and nephew (seven and four, respectively) moved in with us my entire second trimester. I left my career as an unsuccessful realtor to become a chauffer. I was driving four hours, much more if it snowed, a day so that the kids could remain in their schools while living at our house in a different district. At six months pregnant I could no longer keep up with the requirements of caring for two small children while carrying twins and the kids moved out. It turned out to be good timing because my babies would be coming much earlier than expected.

March 22nd at 11:16 and 11:18AM my beautiful daughters were born. They were 8 weeks early and spent about five weeks in the NICU. All I will say about this period in time is that I am so thankful for the extraordinary care they received from the NICU nurses and doctors at Boulder Community Hospital. They were WONDERFUL!

It is now 10 ½ months later. My girls are fat and happy and I am losing my mind! The first nine and a half months blew by. My girls were wonderful, did everything they were supposed to. However, the last month has been extremely difficult. My girls have replaced napping with crying and while are still their very easy going selves during wake time, overall sleeping issues have taken a toll on me. That coupled with what can only be described as self neglect over the course of their short lives, I am ready to do something else. I love my daughters dearly, but it is time to reconnect and redefine myself as both a mom and an indivual!

No comments:

Post a Comment