Sunday, June 22, 2014

Stressed

So, I wrote this a month ago, but never posted because the version of internet explorer I have apparently is no longer compatible with blogger, further adding to my stress. Posting now even though a lot has happened...and I guess a lot is still the same...since. Enjoy.


I'm feeling stressed. I'm feeling anxious. And, well, it kinda sucks! This whole selling a house thing in the traditional way is hard. We were so lucky when we left CO as our house went under contract before even listing it. My brother is a realtor and one of his coworkers had buyers, they looked at it and that was that. It was SO easy!

Our current house has been on the market a little over three weeks now and nothing. Lots of positive feedback about the décor which at first, I have to admit, flattered me. Now, not so much. Décor doesn't come with the house, people!!!  I'm not confident in our choice of realtor either. Actually just got done sending the oh-so-uncomfortable email which outlined our concerns about her ability to get our house sold. Never fun.

It's also sinking in that the neighborhood we'd like to buy is so competitive that sellers laugh at offers with contingencies. Which is fine, I don't want to get into the situation where we'd be carrying two mortgages anyway. But, this increases the urgency to get this place SOLD! Not to mention, keeping the house clean with two small children is next to impossible. I take that back, it's totally possible, we're doing it, but not without some tantrums and meltdowns along the way (and I'm not just talking the kids here!). I feel like Annette Benning in American Beauty when she was manically vacuuming before the open house.

To add insult to injury our pipes backed up the other day and the downstairs bathroom flooded. Why do those things only happen after hours???!!! It didn't end up being that big of a deal. I definitely got some grays and Will has less hair than before but we were cleaned up for showings the next day.

Have I ever told you about the artichoke hearts I LOVE from Costco? They're in this oily, seasoned marinade that is SO good. I know, doesn't seem relevant, but stick with me. I was taking the girls to the park after school yesterday and for the first time in a long time, dared to make food in my own house. If you've had a home on the market I know you can identify with this...do I mess up the kitchen and save the $20 to go out to lunch or just go out?? Anyway, I'm grabbing the bread from the fridge and in the process knocked the jar of artichokes out which then shattered on the floor below. Out came the oily goodness all over the fridge, all over the floor and all over my feet. Awesome. I didn't have plans for the next 30 minutes, but I'd rather have done nothing than clean that mess up. Still finding glass shards everywhere.

I guess the moral of this story is that I'm stressed. I just wish our house would sell and sell FAST. So, please, send me some selling vibes! We need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment