Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Back to School: Kindergarten Style


First Day of School-Kindergarten
Back to school. Kindergarten style. I’m not gonna lie, I was that mom. Ya know, the one who stoically dropped her kids off on the first day of school, leaving the class quickly as not to cramp their style but cried the whole drive home. I’ve said this a thousand times in the last few days, but I CANNOT wrap my mind around the fact that my babies are old enough to go to all day-everyday, real elementary school. It was just yesterday yadda, yadda, yadda…not going to bore you with all that, but this is nuts to me. The end of an era.

Do you guys remember buying school supplies? That was one of my favorite things about school. I would get everything home and lay it out in my bedroom, organize it and put it into my school bag. Esprit bags, anyone? I actually never owned one, but wanted one sooooo bad! The girls and I did our school supply shopping last week and it’s safe to say they’re as into it as I was. Wasn’t expecting to have to buy shoes for PE though…whatever happened to going barefoot if you didn’t have the right shoes? I’m sure someone got athlete’s foot and almost died and so the end of bare feet. Kidding. Though Mr. B, arguably the best gym teacher ever, would be appalled.  
School Year Must Haves!
The final thing on our back to school shopping list was the restocking of my Young Living essential oils. I’ve been a total EO slacker this summer but am back on track now that the school year is in full swing. I swear my kids stayed as healthy as they did last school year because of our family’s essential oil use. Thieves is seriously our life saver. I’m adding RC to my order for respiratory crud that inevitably goes around (can help clear out coughs and congestion) and Breathe Again (helpful with congestion too) this month. My go-tos on the girls’ to avoid any bedtime woes are lavender and peace and calming and you better believe they’re also on the list. A well-rested child is a happy child and I’m all for a little bit of happy around here!

In spite of all the tears yesterday and the few tears today, I’m so extremely proud of my babies and am thrilled to be a part of this new adventure they’re on. Can’t believe my kids are in kindergarten!

No comments:

Post a Comment